Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thinking about places

I have told you in previous posts all of the places that I have been too. In the great scheme of things, I have not been to a whole lot of Places. For instance, I have never been back east anywhere in the United States except for Florida about 15 years ago. I have never been to Europe, either. Frankly, those places, from what I have read about, kind of scare me. Strange people always scare me. I get very painfully shy around them, do not know why. I have never Been to New York City. Frankly, from what I have seen in the movies, it scares the beejesus outta me. The very thought of it makes me want to run and hide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, don't be afraid to travel. I haven't traveled as much as I would like, but I plan to do more as I can afford it. Part of the fun of travel is the anticipation and excitement before one arrives. This may be confused as fear. People every where are basically good, remember that. Now, the middle east would not be on my list for a relaxing vacation but anywhere in North America would. My lady friend and I are thinking of going to Mexico for Christmas, a resort designed to cater to tourists. It may not be an adventure but I have had enough adventure in my life. There are travel snobs who sniff at tour groups but you can't find a better way to go than a package where all is taken care of for you, (I would recommend some free time to do your own exploring). In your home town there are bad areas that you stay out of and the same holds true when you travel. Your tour leader will keep you away from these places, she loses business if her clients are robbed or attacked. The people I have known, who have trouble traveling also have trouble at home. They are demanding and disrespectful... Jerks. Remember, you are a guest, even if you are paying for the experience. Go with a friend, (low maintenance) or go by yourself with a tour group. You will make friends.