Sunday, March 12, 2006

Prolife bumpersticker assumptions

As I was driving home from work the other day, I noticed that the car in front of me had a bumpersticker that said 'Smile.. your parents were Prolife'. I had to laugh because it was so darn funny. How in the hell would anyone know this besides my parents? Your parents ? I believe that the car owners were trying to make some sort of statement here, but I am not exactly sure what the hell it was, because , ( and I am speaking for myself here) I was a wanted pregnancy. My parents CHOSE to give birth. To my brother, sister and I. That would make them ProChoice by default. Prolifers(ok not all but most) sure seem to like to make a lot of assumptions about other people. What they(most) do not seem to understand is that some women CHOOSE to give birth.

No comments: