Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Where I have been.

About twelve or thirteen years ago, I went with my folks to Honolulu, Hawaii to a football game( It was a Bowl game-KSU v Boston College-KSU lost:( ) An expensive and long trip(from Dallas to Anchorage via Seattle was 8 hours, but the trip was well worth it. I got a chance to see Diamond Head, Go on a submarine ride, and visit Hilo Hatties. I bought several Hawaiian shirts and walked in downtown Honolulu and bought a real pearl. I got to visit Pearl Harbor( the locals just call it Pearl) and my favourite part of the trip was going to visit the SS Arizona Memorial.It was so hard for me to believe that I was standing RIGHT there, where oh so long ago the Japanese attacked us.I was quiet. I think that some 2400 people were killed in that attack( I could be wrong on that number) and I remember looking downward and seeing the oil bubbles come up out of the water from the ship. It is hard for me to believe that there are still people buried there. There are. Thanks Vets.

No comments: