Sunday, September 25, 2005

Okay

I went to church tonight. Yes, I do go to church every now and then, believe it or not! On my own. Nobody pays me to go. Funny thing is, as a kid , I used to hate going. When visiting my grandparents in Arkansas (suspend the funny toothbrush/redneck jokes for a sec ok? lol) for two weeks one summer, they made me do the most horrible, boring, and worst punishment that could ever be bestowed on a child: SUNDAY SCHOOL. Yes. Thats it. I remember being bored out of my mind. But then I grew up, began to understand the stories in the Bible, and I actually LIKE going to church. I like meeting people. And all four of my grandparents are gone. I sure do miss them terribly. All in all, now that I look back on that summer, my grandparents were pretty cool. I am told that I was a pretty well behaved kid back then, and so were my sibs. Thanks to my grandparents and my parents who taught us right from wrong and how to behave well. Stay honest. Use your brains. Work hard. My parents taught me these things. So did my grandparents. My parents are still alive and well. Computers confuse them. My father hates computers and refuses to use them. My mother is a bit more advanced, but not much more. They are kind of old geezers but I love em both.

No comments: