Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Health Care

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I have to get two cavities filled that the xrays picked up on . Yes, this means novocaine, which also means shots and needles IN MY MOUTH. Strangely, the needles that the dentist uses in my mouth have never even bothered me at all. The dental hygenist just gives me this little cloth with some sort of numbing agent, then the dentist comes in with these needles that just pinch a little, then that side of my mouth just kind of goes numb while the dentist works.I even have been known to fall asleep in the dental chair.! The only place that I really feel any pain is in my pocketbook. Wait, not even much pain there. I have health insurance through Blue Cross. I have a pretty good plan, considering that I am a diabetic. My dental plan is pretty good. Which politician was talking about universal health care? Was it Bill Clinton? Al Gore? George Bush? I cannot remember. One of them was talking about health care for every child. Just a thought, but exactly WHO would pay for the health care if the parents of the children cannot or do not pay? Taxpayers? Why should strangers have to pay for other people's children's healthcare? Shouldn't these parents be responsible for their kids? I want to hear your thoughts on this.

No comments: