Sunday, August 27, 2006

Halloween and UNICEF and the 'sins' of a child

I remember when I was a kid, about 8 or 10 years old, dressing up for Halloween with my brother and sister and cousins and going trick or treating. It was so much fun! It was fun when I got over being scared of having all the make up on my face , anyway. I was always a skinny kid, and couldn't eat all my candy, so I gave some toi my brothers and sisters, and my parents. I remember that sometimes when we went trick or treating and most of the time, they would give us little envelopes that said UNICEF on them with pennies, nickles, or dimes inside. There were pictures, cartoon pictures of children on the envelopes on the sides, so I figured that 'hey, I 'm a child, so the money must be for me'. So I kept it. I think I remember asking some other kids what UNICEF was, and they had no idea, either.Ok, technically, I dont think that what I did could be considered theft because I had no idea what what UNICEF was, and I didn't think to ask an adult what it was. I was just a naive kid. But I am glad that I could have a childhood:)

No comments: