Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Elvis

Today is the 29th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. I loved him. Yes, I know , millions of others did. The man was as close to an ICON as one could get. Heck, he was an icon. I remember where I was on the day he died. I was in my swimsuit riding in the back of my mothers jeep when I heard the news over the radio. We (My family) were all shocked. I remember the rest of the day being in such a haze. watching the television seeing Elvis on tv and seeing some tributes. I remember thinking that the world of music would never be the same, and worried that it may never recover. Yes, I have heard all the Elvis jokes, the supposed 'sightings, etc, and I have even made a few and laughed at them myself. But in all seriousness, Elvis, if by any remote chance you are reading this at all, God Bless you. In a small way, you made the world a little bit of a better place through your music:)

No comments: