Friday, July 07, 2006

Social Security

Tonight, after I get back from the grocery store, I will type up a letter to the Social Security Administration. A few years ago, someone got a hold of my social security number and tried to use it to get utilities hooked up ! Needless to say, I called the cops, reported it and had a 'red flag' put on my number. I need to check and see if that is still in effect. I figure that it is better that I have the letter in writing(computer writing ) LOL. I will mail it out tomorrow. Do not know if I will get a response, but it is certainly worth a try. I will send a letter to the local office, and then the one in Washington, D.C.( I believe that is where the head office is). I want to check and make sure that some jerk is not cyphoning money away from my social security.Like I said before, I hate dishonest people, ESPECIALLY thieves.Hell, I don't know if social security is even going to be around when I retire. I am putting money in a ROTH IRA, just in case. Maybe I am just paranoid, but better safe than sorry.:)

No comments: