Monday, July 24, 2006

Ok the pictures

Ok the pictures that I had taken on my last outing are being developed as I type this. I have to be honest, I don't think that the pics are going to turn out that great. If one or two are clear, then I will post them tomorrow night. Cheyenne Bottoms is a wildlife refuge, and it is a spot where birds come from all over the place during their migration. Mostly Northern birds I think, like geese. I did see some cranes too.There are also many turtles, snakes, spiders, and lizards, though I did not get any pics of them. I think that bird watching could become a great hobby for me.I notice that I do get many robins and redbirds in my yard, esp in the fall. This time I have to remember to put some food in my bird feeders(I know, shame on me,lol). I also get these big black birds that resemble crows called starlings. They are not a particularly nice towards other birds, but they are great parents. I think that hummingbirds, chickadees, and wrens are cute, but I have not seen too many of them around.I think that Robins are my favourite. They are sometimes very curious and will sometimes come up close to the windows. They have nests in my big trees, and one even has had a nest on my house, just up above my back door. This happened last year, and I just didn't have the heart to take it down.

No comments: