Saturday, November 26, 2005

Dame

I have this strange feeling that your time is near, old girl. I love you. My heart is breaking now. I have this feeling that you will cross the Bridge soon. Your body is weak, but your mind is still strong, I can tell. I found this poem, and it reminds me of you.
A good dog never dies, she always stays, she walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near her head is within our hand in her old way.
-- Mary Carolyn Davies I have only been to the Rainbow Bridge site a few times. Every time I have gone there, I just get tears in my eyes. I know that I have to face the reality that Dame will go sometime, she has to, but that does not make it any easier. My family is giving her a good life, she has excellent health care and a great place to live with plenty of food , water, and love. When she is gone, I will miss her so much. She is old, about fifteen(which is old for a GSD) and is very lame. She can walk, just not very well. As far as I can tell she is in no pain. I love you, Dame. rainbowbridge.com

No comments: