Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Diabetes does suck

Yes , I still take meds for my diabetes. I have type 2 diabetes, also called adult onset diabetes. I must take pills, not insulin. I take Avandia and metformin twice a day. It is no big deal to take the pills. I just hate shots. Yes, I know, I am a big baby. I hate needles. I don't really know why. As a kid, I used to hate a lot of things. Well, hate is not the proper word. The proper word is fear. I used to be afraid of clowns as a kid. I mean DEATHLY afraid. I used to be afraid of the dark. I used to be afraid of this little doll that my grandmother gave me . The doll was the character Goofy from Walt Disney. You would pull the string and he would say something GOOFY .And for some reason, that scared the Holy BeJesus outta me. Remember that movie 'Majic' with the mannequin that would speak? When the previews for that show came on, I would just take off and run away. Scared the crap outta me. My father had a little Cessna airplane that he co-owned back then. He would try to get me to ride in it with him. At first I was too scared. Then I did fly with him, I got over my fear of that. He even let me co-pilot and fly the plane ( with him in it of course) for a few minutes.

No comments: