Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year a bit belated everyone. In the world. I am doing well, things are going well on the home front, in spite of a mini(teeny weeny ) flare up I caused today. I learned my lesson very well. Never get distracted while trying to cook dinner. I put vegetable oil in the skillet, then turned on the heat to cook the hamburger. Well after doing that I got distracted by the computer(what else LOL) and next thing I know, the skillet is going up in flames on my stove! Well, needless to say I kinda freaked and I somehow managed to get the stove turned off and the pan in the sink and the flames then rather quickly died down, but by this time the whole house was filled with eye watering, choking smoke. I tried to assess the damage but couldn't do that terribly well with my eyes watering andcoughing . I called the fire departyment to ask them how to get rid of all the smoke, and was told to wait outside in the fresh air until they got here. Minutes later they did, and we managed to get the smoke all cleared, then assessed the damages, which were extremely minor. Itis a minor thing, I know, but really embarrassed me and kinda shook me up a bit. I thanked the firemen(and they were all me ) and they were very understanding and polite, and checked out the rest of the house. Everything is a-ok.Nothing is seriously damaged, I even managed to save the skillet that burned. I even took on cooking later on in the evening.

No comments: