Sunday, October 07, 2007

Never Pick up hitchhikers

When I was a kid, I heard all these stories about people hitchhiking and getting raped and murdered or assaulted in some way. My parents taught me not to pick up hitchhikers and never ever go hitchiking. My mother, however did break her rule just one time. My ssister and I were were on our way home from a roller skating rink once, my mother was driving, it was late at night , and I think it was starting to rain. This was back in the day before cell phones. Well we drove past this woman walking home alone late at night, and we knew that it was not safe for her to be out there alone. We picked her up, gave her a ride home.She was a tad leery of us, but not totally scared because we were an adult woman with two little girls, so I guess that we looked harmless to her. She was very grateful and thanked us a ton when we got her to her destination safely.

No comments: