Sunday, August 03, 2008

Update

Well, my folks are heading out of town today. They are going down to Texas to pick up some equipment in San Antonio. They will stop in Tyler on their way to visit an aged relative. They return on Sunday. I have made the trip from Topeka Kansas to San Antonio, Texas and believe me, it is a doozy. I mean it is a long one. Talk about a loooong drive. I drove there with my grandpop years ago to pick up some equipment and had to stop and rest overnight in Waco(yes, THAT Waco). Actually, Waco is a pretty nice place. At least what I saw of it was. Anyhoo, while the folks are out, I am the one in charge of making sure that the money gets to the bank. I love doing this. Making deposits. I like to do paperwork, call me crazy.My manager is also out of town, gone on vacation to the Ozarks. Sounds kind of nice, but I just cannot be outside in this extremely hot weather. Yes, Topeka, Kansas , is undergoing a heat wave-heat advisory for the next week or so. I have to water mom's p[lants while she is gone every other day, too. I don't mind, considering all of the help she has given me with my house. It only takes about an hour and a half to do anyway, including the drive to mom and pops house.

No comments: