Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Computer

Well, yesterday morning before I head off to work, I give my computer a virus scan. That takes a while to do, and I usually leave my computer on all of the time anyway. When I get home from work, I find that I cannot log on to the internet, and my monitor is completely black. So I call tech support. Then I find out that I have to pay for tech support over the phone. Joy. I call them up and the customer service rep, after going through so much testing and testing, tells me that I need a new video card. Joy again. I am told that Best Buy carries them in stock. Now I simply cannot be without my internet for even one night before I start to go insane, so I call Best Buy and confirm that they have video cards. They do, and I hurry my butt down to their store with my tower in tow. I get there and find out that my whole system is basically burnt out and that the video card was not the problem. So what do I do? I do buy a new computer. This one. A Hewlett Packard. I get home and now begins the assembly part. Not too altogether difficult. Just had one minor issue with the monitor, so I go back to the store to get a new one. I did put the new computer on my credit card(yuck) but I know that I will have the card paid off in about a month give or take a few days. Then I had to install a new antivirus program, which was the biggest pain, but I finally worked it through.The people at Best Buy, God Bless em, they were very patient with me. They earned their paycheck last night. And thus far, Hewlett packard has been the Best computer that I have had. And I have had some good ones. My first one was a Gateway and my second was an Emachines. But there is more cool stuff on this new one. Plus the flat screen is sexy.

No comments: